May 29 is Election Day for the Halton District School Board School Trustee By-Election
Burlington, Ont. — May 26, 2023 — Monday, May 29 is Election Day for the Halton District School Board School Trustee By-Election for Burlington Wards 1 and 2. This is the last opportunity for eligible voters to cast their vote. To date, 1,519 eligible voters in Wards 1 and 2 have cast their vote, either by voting online (1,226) or at an advance poll (293) earlier this month.
Voting locations in Wards 1 and 2 are open on Monday, May 29 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. for in-person voting. Locations include:
- Burlington Seniors Centre, Room 4, 2285 New St.
- LaSalle Park Pavilion, Lower Level, 50 North Shore Blvd. W
- Salvation Army Community Church, Fellowship Room, 2090 Prospect St.
- Tyandaga Golf Clubhouse, Dining Room, 1265 Tyandaga Park Dr.
Eligible electors can vote at any voting location.
What to bring when you vote
Before heading out to a voting location on Election Day, remember to bring:
- your Voter Information Letter – if you do not have a Voter Information Letter, you can still vote.
- one piece of identification that has your name and address on it. Photo identification is not required. See a list of accepted forms of identification at myvoteburlington.ca.
- The City Clerk declares the official by-election results as soon as possible after voting day on May 29.
- Unofficial results will be shared at myvoteburlington.ca/results on election night.
Burlington is a city where people, nature and businesses thrive. Sign up to learn more about Burlington at burlington.ca/subscribe and follow @CityBurlington on social media.
Links and Resources
- Visit myvoteburlington.ca for all your by-election news, updates and information.
- To receive the latest news and updates about the by-election, residents can subscribe to the “News and Updates” at myvoteburlington.ca.