City releases official list of certified candidates for School Board Trustee By-election
Burlington, Ont.—April 17, 2023 — A total of eight candidates are certified to run in the School Board Trustee by-election for Halton District School Board - Burlington, Wards 1 and 2. The candidate nomination period for the by-election closed on April 14, 2023, at 2 p.m.
The official list of certified candidates running for the position of Halton District School Board Trustee - Burlington, Wards 1 and 2 is as follows in alphabetical order:
- Robbie Brydon
- Celina Close
- Michael James Duhacek
- Chris Goff
- Anthony Alexander Hoyes
- Omar Kayed
- Ross Montgomery
- Daniel Warren Oke
A list of candidates that have been certified by the City Clerk to run in the School Trustee By-Election is available online at myvoteburlington.ca.
Burlington is a city where people, nature and businesses thrive. Sign up to learn more about Burlington at burlington.ca/subscribe and follow @CityBurlington on social media.
- Voting for the School Board By-Election takes place between May 15 and 29, 2023.
- Eligible voters have three ways to vote:
- online, using Internet voting, from May 15 to 19, 2023
- in person, at advance polls on May 24, 2023
- in person, on election day, May 29, 2023
- Individuals eligible to vote in the by-election for Halton District School Board Trustee - Burlington, Wards 1 and 2 must be:
- a current English-public school board supporter
- resident of Burlington (own or rent) in Ward 1 or Ward 2
- non-resident, but you or your spouse own or rent residential property in Ward 1 or Ward 2
- 18 years of age or older
- a Canadian citizen
- not prohibited from voting under any law
Links and Resources
- Visit myvoteburlington.ca for by-election news, updates and information.
- To receive the latest news and updates about the by-election, residents can subscribe to the “News and Updates” at myvoteburlington.ca.
- To confirm if you are on the registered Voters List for the by-election, visit myvoteburlington.ca. Being on the Voters List saves you time when you vote.